Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Observations Thus Far

Today is our third game. We play the University of Rhode Island tonight at home. The first game of the season we played with a lot of toughness and grit and lost by three. Second game there was no intensity. Hopefully that will change tonight. As far as my job goes, I now realize that I need to be a little more organized. I have to get on top of things early on so that they do not become an issue later on.

For those of you that do not know, a close friend of mine lost his brother last Friday. Yesterday was the funeral, and afterward I spent the rest of the day hanging out with him and my buddy Toole. I really just wanted to be there for him because you never know how one will take the loss of a family member. We all actually wound up having a good time considering the circumstances. It was nice to see all of the people that came out and showed how loved that his brother was. But it was even more special when I got to hang out with him and his family and realized that it was his family that made him the special person that he was and they made me feel like a part of that family yesterday. Hopefully when I start a family with my wife we are able to foster that type of environment for our family.

1 comment:

Karthik said...

Felt good reading your blog Tahj. Best of luck with your new job and keep bloggin.