Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Color Commentary

Ah, college basketball. I can't get enough of it. Even though the games are cupcakes versus BCS conference teams, I still watch and try to learn something new. That being said, I have to say that Jason (Jay) Williams has gotten A LOT better with his color commentary skills. I remember watching him previously and thinking that he should never do a game again. I was going to change the channel last night from the Michigan Tech. v. Michigan game as soon as I saw that he was doing the commentary. But I didn't. Partly because there was no other game on, and partly because last year listening to him was like watching a train wreck in progress. Remarkably, he seems more confident and as if he sat at home and just commentated games by himself at home on a tape recorder Joe Buck style over the summer. Whatever he did worked, and I look forward to about 10-15 years down the line when I am a head coach and he is doing one of my games. By then, he will be a polished veteran. Well played Jay Williams.

No comments: