Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finally

We Won! Now that I got that off of my chest, we beat the worst team in the nation (NJIT). They have lost 38 of their last 38 games. It was actually a two point game with about a minute and a half to go. We wound up winning by five. The one thing that really disappointed me was that when I went in the locker room some guys weren't excited that we won. There are a few selfish guys on our team it seems, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they were disappointed in their individual play. On Tuesday we play Seton Hall, who is playing pretty well considering that they have six scholarship players and a few walk-ons. It would be nice to go up there and come away with a win.

On another note, I got to see my family and wife over the holiday. For those of you that don't know by now, I moved to NJ for the job at Monmouth and she stayed in Cali until probably the spring and she will move back east depending on my job next year, as this is a part-time appointment. I will also get to see her this weekend before she goes back to Cali on Tuesday.

On to some Terp talk. The Terps are going to have problems this year, it seems, with any team that has big guys that can play. I am going on the record saying that we will beat Duke this year because their big guys are not very good, and Landon should match up well with Singler. We will struggle with teams like UNC that have a rotation of big guys. Hopefully we can win this game against Georgetown today, as I always want to beat the local schools, and come the end of the year it would be huge if we could come out of this tournament with two wins against ranked teams.

I was going to dedicate this last paragraph to speaking about how I am not a fan of the city of Philadelphia, but I will just say that it sucks and leave it at that.

Go Giants.

No comments: