Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still Waiting

So, I am still waiting to hear back from Monmouth. While I am still subbing and coaching at La Jolla Country Day, I have started looking into other options for work, both coaching/teaching wise and corporate/real world jobs. I have heard that Under Armour is interested in starting a grass roots type of basketball program out here in So Cal and I would be interested in working for UA in that capacity, but those are just rumors and innuendos. Today, though I did look into how I would make the trip back to NJ were I to take the job. Seems like the best (read cheapest) way is to drive myself. Those auto transport companies are about a grand, and I don't have that kind of money nor time (they take about a week or 2 to deliver). It took me a little over 2 days to drive to San Diego from MD, but I think I may take a little more time to get to NJ were I to drive. Stop in Amarillo, Indianapolis, then to good old NJ over a course of 3 days. Maybe I will plan a route that will take 4 or 5 days to travel. But the planning is pure speculation as I have yet to be offered the job, nor accepted the position.

No comments: